Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Hot Wheels (Kids Don't understand how lucky they are)





I remember the classic BMX, Huffy and later the higher end Mongoose dirt bikes and as a child I would wake up at 7:04am on a Saturday and leap into my wranglers throw on the chucks and a t-shirt, wristbands and my baseball cap and head to the living room or patio to grab my bike. In my mind It was a motorcycle and my imagination made it so. We even added a playing card (without dad knowing it because it was from his deck of cards...sshhh) to make the engine sound at top speeds down a long hill. I remember when we lived on the 3rd floor and I had to lug that huge (to me at the time) bike frame down the many flights of stairs...sheeeez what a work out for the joy of riding LOL. I remember getting outside and seeing my little crew of fellow riders circling the parking lot slow like vultures scanning the pavement for prey. I miss cruising and exploring new neigborhoods even beyond that point your mom said you'd better not ride beyond.

But now the kids have this nifty piece of work (wow I actually found a place to use the word nifty... next we will try to insert the word spiffy and it's a wrap team) to ride in style and design. Looks awesome and once again the UK shows they have the one up in the design and functionality department. This would make a great gift to a 8 year old IF ONLY WE COULD PRY THE JOYSTICK FROM THEIR TINY LITTLE HANDS! Oh well maybe things will come full circle and kids will come outside again and ride like we used to in the good old days...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a piece of your mind.