Thursday, July 8, 2010

Eavesdropping on a gay conversation....

I am such a nosey person when I am in public spaces (Hey I get bored). I think strangers lives are
very intriguing to say the least. Some people speak publicly about very private things and
today it just happens to be the two gay dudes on the red line train. So here it goes. They look like regular dudes, one is bearded dressed very average while the other is wearing flip flops and a tank top.
Nothing flamboyant or stereotypical here. But the conversation is carried out with a Windy Williams-esk swagger shooting information back and forth with animated hands and body movements. You can tell they are just buddies heading into work or to the gym talking about the ups and downs of their week. What is so interesting is hearing a conversation with feminine embellishments coming from two seemingly regular dudes. It's like seeing a woman with a goatee or hearing a big strong dude with a itty bitty voice that sounds like Mickey Mouse (By the way there is a guy at the Amish market in Laurel with a voice like that that works in the candy section that will have you cracking up). Back to my ear hustling on the red line. They were talking bout something and someone but I couldn't get everything because I couldn't just stare, that's rude LOL but it's hard to not look at a person when you are nosing into their conversation because you have to read lips somewhat. At least I do but in this case I had to settle for bits and pieces. This blog is not about someone being gay or the Metro or high pitched voices but more about how folks are so loose with their personal information and I don't mean twitter stats or Facebook pics of you drunk at happy hour. I am referring to the girl who talk about the size of her partners "johnson" and how they did it in the back of the movie while watching Hot Tub Time Machine or the dude who admits he was eating something other than a tuna casserole and got a strange bump that won't go away. Some of it is just ignorance but some folks in my opinion need attention. They want you to know they spent "twelve hunnid dollaz" on a pair of designer jeans but they are riding the red line home from their job at Shoe City. WTF!

It's your life, share what you feel is necessary but try to keep in mind you might end up in my BLOG :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a piece of your mind.